richard (at) rwilliamson-mathematics.info
I am a mathematician. Since 2015, I have worked outside of academia as a programmer, but I continue to carry out mathematical research in my spare time. I have principally worked and studied at the following institutions and organisations.
- September 2017 – present. Programvareutvikler (software developer), SINTEF Ocean, Trondheim, Norway.
- January 2016 – August 2017. Software engineer, Telenor Digital, Trondheim, Norway. Principally worked on development of, and led operational support for, HTTP APIs for SMS, backed by SMPP and (indirectly) SS7.
- August 2012 – July 2015. Postdoktor i matematikk (postdoc in mathematics), Geometry and Topology group, NTNU, Norway.
- January 2012 – July 2012. Gjesteforsker (guest researcher), Geometry and Topology group, NTNU, Norway, at the invitation of Nils Baas.
- October 2007 – September 2011. DPhil (the abbreviation used instead of PhD at Oxford) student, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, UK, supervised by Raphaël Rouquier.
- September 2003 – July 2007. MMATH (Master of Mathematics) student, Mathematics Institute, University of Warwick, UK.
Works and research
List of works and my research interests.
Courses taught or coordinated at NTNU.
Students I have supervised.
The photo to the left is of my wife, Kari, and me in Hvaler, Norway in July 2006.
The photo at the top of the page was taken by Kari in Port Meadow, Oxford, in October 2007.
Last updated: 15:24 (GMT+2), 02/09/2017.